Sometimes we forget who we’ve got. Who we are . Where we are going. What makes our heart beat really hard. Ya gotta keep it real. Ya gotta stick with your heart, not let the distractions interfere with the path that you have chosen. Today is a good day. As I pack up this house, for the first time in my life really taking my time to keep things organized, wrapping each and every rock and carefully labeling the containers. A bit different then the old “throw everything in the back of the truck and send gravel flying as I burn out” method. Anyway, what I am trying to say is, as I wrap these rocks a rush of excitement is filling me. Typically, throughout my life I have loved moving. Until the past few times, then not so much. It was getting old & being a “runner” was catching up with me. I knew when I came to where I am now I wouldn’t be able to run much longer, I love it here too much. I love this life too much. A wonderful man who treats me like a princess at my side, two hilariously weird dogs, and a geographic region that is hard to beat. Reflections overcome me. Music playing, a warm breeze blowing. This time I am paying attention to every detail. Every thing I package away. And am happy. Summer is finally here. I am reminded of how good God is and chuckle at the sense of humor He must have to convince us summer would never arrive and then bless us with these most amazing days! I feel silly for griping about the weather on a day like today. Windows open, curtains flapping, and nothing but me, a box of rocks, and some coffee house music. I cannot express the warmth that has filled my heart this afternoon or the excitement that overwhelms my being.
At any rate, packing always causes a bit of reflection. Going through the memories hanging on the wall, laying under the table, papers, pictures….
Regardless of the drama, the hatred, or the bitterness that can so often surround us, somewhere deep inside lies this peace. In this peace, I am so proud to report, we have found ourselves. And it is good.
Prepping for the full time camper life is pretty exciting. I guess they call them, “Boondockers”. And I guess I should get back to packing if I wanna be one.

No comments:
Post a Comment