No longer is snow gently falling around me as I write this. It seems that happened a lot this winter in the camper! Such a beautiful & peaceful feeling filled with a calmness and solace that I could never seem to portray in these blog entries.
Now, as I write this I look out the windows to see a darkening sky filling the air around me mixed with heavy moisture as the drops of rain come and go. I see an extremely serious mud situation that is no longer a concern as it is now something much more than just a “concern”. I see tiny birds scrapping through the ground where bird seed once lay, and little red berries popping up all around in the greens on the forest floor. I see, one of the most precious sites I have ever seen, tonight. I see our beloved Malamute Basin playing with his new & adored little sister, CJ.
| CJ immediately after picking her up. She was kind of nervous but we werent! We were so ready for her! |
| Her very first day of exploring Montana! |
The nights however, have been long and full of puppy cries and screams. I am eager for Brandon to get back so I can have some sleep! I also informed mother today that if she wants grandbabies that we will require her to come stay for at least the first 6 months ;)
| Brandon with Basin and Kaycee with CJ in our valley playing on a beautiful spring day, cherished memories! |
Long story short – things have been insane on this end! We’ve been eagerly waiting on the loggers for over a month and today they finally showed up to tell us they can’t do it because of the mud and soft ground situation! Bummer! But I guess we should get used to set backs and things not going as planned if we are going to build this house. They did agree to drop the trees on the home site for now so we can get started and will be back later in the summer when things dry up. In all actuality, we should be (and are) really thankful for their honesty regarding not tearing up our property! For those of you who are outside of the Rocky Mountain region, I don’t know if you have heard but we have a nasty little beetle that is insisting on destroying our forests. It’s quite the situation that has trees dying by the hundreds of thousands out here. We lucked out on this property where there is a large variety of trees so even after they clear the lodge pole there will still be an array of greenery surrounding us, many lose all their trees! However, there are still a number which do need to be removed asap. As far as everything else goes, we are partly still on schedule. It’s been a difficult spring for home building. For those of you back east, you might think your spring sometimes is lacking that “springy” feeling but I just want you to know that you are the lucky ones! I think we’ve only had one day reach 60 here at camp so far! But I mustn’t gripe too much about the weather. Even a spring blizzard can be quite magnificent when appreciated.
| Another Moose on our road! |
There are rumors that the Grizzlies are now in this particular part of Western Montana. I suppose there has always been a rumor of one or two out and about but for the most they never cross our minds when we are out camping around here. It is a whole different story down by Yellowstone or up by Glacier. I say this as it is now the season for the awakening of the bears! I have never lived in a heavily populated bear area, in the mountains so am a bit on my toes regarding possible encounters that may take place in the near future! I did hear the wolves howling yesterday while being outside. To date, I only have spotted one. And as far as that lovely mountain lion that buried that deer and fawn on the hill – we suspect it’s still around and every time I think about it, I kind of don’t want it to be! The mountain lions officially have made the top wildlife fears on the Em list. Too sneaky for my liking!
It’s May now and that means one thing. It’s almost time for the annual Wisconsin trip home! Even with everything going on out here I am still filled with some serious stokage to get back to my roots! Our annual Wisconsin trip is always a great time. The sounds of the spring peepers, the warm humid air, and greenest of green trees and fields, these soothe are souls. Most of all, there is no place like home J I usually drive out with the dogs and Brandon flies in after his work rotation so we can ride home to Montana together. It never seems like there is enough time! As much as I would like to do an extended trip home this year, say more than 6 or 7 days I just don’t know that it will happen! There are a number of people I simply cannot wait to see – my parents, best friends, the ladies at the cheese curd factory, and many more! I am not exactly sure of the time frame yet as I have to make it work with the house plans but will keep my Wisco loveys posted!
Other then all of that – I have not much more to report other than life is good!
There are a lot of things we have learned to appreciate in this season of our lives. These things are those which are mostly unheard but always seen. They are almost untouchable in all of the senses we are so used to using while we reach out to grasp those things which seem to be so “important” in our worlds. They are the whispers of the wind blowing through the valleys full of bitter, mountain evening. They are in the gentle rays of sunshine you’ve so desperately waited, for so long.
In this season of our lives we have learned to laugh a little longer, as its sound filling the atmosphere brings satisfaction beyond any HBO night. We’ve learned to keep smiling when sometimes we’ve wanted to weep. We’ve taken delight in the true meaning of “team work.” We’ve grown. We’ve thrived. We’ve Loved. In this season of our lives, we have truly lived. What a great feeling.
Until next time – from the mountains of Montana – take care, have a great day, and Happy Mothers Day to all of the mommas out there!
Mental note worth mentioning: When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities.
| A gorgeous view stepping out from the camper one morning to see the fog slowly lifting from our valley, courtesy of Brandon photography ;) |
What a cute puppy!! :) Congrats! The moose is sweet!
ReplyDelete